The Industrial Design semester abroad gives students the opportunity to learn Italian design in one of the world's centers of creativity. The succinct but comprehensive coverage of the multitude of technical issues confronting today's furniture and lighting designers is coupled with examples of design from around the world, focusing on typically Italian and European industrial design. The purpose of the semester abroad is to develop students' knowledge and skills related to all aspects of furniture and lighting design from the design development to the production of prototypes. During the 15 week industrial design program, students study the history, theory, presentations of materials, design and detailing of Italian and international furniture and lighting. All courses are taught in English.
The tuition fee covers registration in up to 19 credits per semester (5 courses).
- FURNITURE DESIGN STUDIO- 6 CREDITS
- HISTORY OF MODERN ITALIAN DESIGN- 3 CREDITS
- ITALIAN RENAISSANCE ART HISTORY- 3 CREDITS
- HISTORY OF ITALIAN INTERIOR DESIGN - 3 CREDITS
- DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY- 3 CREDITS
- ADVANCED DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY- 3 CREDITS
- ANALYTICAL DRAWING- 3 CREDITS
- LIGHTING DESIGN- 3 CREDITS
- FURNITURE DESIGN- 3 CREDITS
- COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN/ AUTOCAD- 3 CREDITS
- 3D COMPUTER MODELING/ SKETCHUP & VRAY- 3 CREDITS
- 3D COMPUTER MODELING/ RHINOCEROS- 3 CREDITS
- 3D COMPUTER RENDERING/ 3D MAX W/ VRAY- 3 CREDITS
- ITALIAN LANGUAGE- 1 CREDIT