The Interior Design semester abroad gives students the opportunity to study Italian design in one of the world's centers of creativity. The succinct but comprehensive coverage of the multitude of technical issues confronting today's interior designers is coupled with examples of design from around the world, focusing on typically Italian and European interior design. The main focus of the semester abroad option is to provide students with a specialized dimension in the field and an increased understanding of Italian design through investigations in history, theory, analysis and methods. The location of the program is essential in illustrating the relevance of Italy in forming the foundations of modern thought and concepts. Interior design courses cover all aspects interiors such as lighting, materials, colors and space planning. All courses are taught in English.
The tuition fee covers registration in up to 19 credits per semester (5 courses).
- INTERIOR DESIGN STUDIO- 6 CREDITS
- HISTORY OF ITALIAN INTERIOR DESIGN- 3 CREDITS
- ITALIAN RENAISSANCE ART HISTORY- 3 CREDITS
- HISTORY OF MODERN ITALIAN DESIGN- 3 CREDITS
- DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY- 3 CREDITS
- ADVANCED DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY- 3 CREDITS
- ANALYTICAL DRAWING- 3 CREDITS
- LIGHTING DESIGN- 3 CREDITS
- FURNITURE DESIGN- 3 CREDITS
- COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN/ AUTOCAD- 3 CREDITS
- 3D COMPUTER MODELING/ SKETCHUP & VRAY- 3 CREDITS
- 3D COMPUTER MODELING/ RHINOCEROS- 3 CREDITS
- 3D COMPUTER RENDERING/ 3D MAX W/ VRAY- 3 CREDITS I
- TALIAN LANGUAGE- 1 CREDIT