Informazioni sul corso
Ufficiale / Omologato
During this course you will be introduced to styles, production methods and the service of spirits. The programme includes the tasting of 16 spirit samples. No prior knowledge is required as the course is designed to introduce spirits in an interactive, structured and concise manner. This course will suit anyone who wishes to know more about spirits, for their own personal interest or because they wish to start their career in the spirit, mixology or hospitality business.
- The main categories of spirits
- Process of distillation
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
- Health, safety and legal issues
- Service and sales of spirits
This course is examined with a 45 minute question paper consisting of 30 multiple choice questions. The pass mark is 70% and the exam takes place in the last session of the course.